5 ways to eliminate dampness from home
The patches of dampness that spoil the walls of the house are not only ugly but can also affect the health of the people living around us. With the help of these measures, you can make your home damp-free.
5 ways to eliminate dampness from home
For many people, the dampness of their home is like a major headache, especially for those whose homes are in moist places. Luckily, you can get rid of dampness and its side effects by adopting some easy remedies.
Like outside, indoor humidity above 60 or 70% is considered excessive.This can lead to many such problems, such as:
- Foul smell
- Bacteria and Fungal
- Mildew growing in walls and corners
- Deformation of the house and other things
In addition to leaving a bad impression on people and making them ill, dampness affects people who suffer from an allergy or respiratory disease the most.
That is why we should take some concrete steps to get rid of dampness at the earliest. With the help of these measures, you can eradicate dampness from your home:
Tips to remove dampness from your home
This is the most important solution. You should make sure that the air in your house is moving easily, especially if you live in places where moisture-related problems are more likely to arise. Try to keep the windows of your house open as much as possible. If this does not matter, then keep a fresh atmosphere in your house by running a fan.
On the other hand, with the help of air conditioners, you can keep the parts of your home moisture-free, where the air rarely reaches. But A.C. Do not use too much. In order to avoid diseases and problems like nasal congestion, it is necessary to have a little moisture in the air going into our lungs.
2. Get to the root of the damp
If you see the dampness in the area of your house, then you should find out the reason for it. If any pipe is broken or water is leaking then its effect will be seen in the form of slowly growing spots on the walls.
Keep in mind that not getting these leakages fixed in time can make the situation worse from bad to worse and problems like dripping water in your home can also arise. Do not let this happen!
3. Use dehumidifier
This equipment is suitable for rainy or cold areas. In such places, moisture accumulates easily because of the low probability of ventilating the house permanently.
In this case, if you want to make your home free from dampness, with the help of this tool you can soak up the moisture easily and remove it. Don't worry about your electricity bill. This device also draws the same power as an air conditioner. It comes in different sizes and capacities.
4. Get rid of dampness using salt
Did you know that you can do this too? You don't need anything other than a shallow can and a kilo of salt. Putting the salt in the box, you will see that it has absorbed all the moisture in just two days.
Salt has an amazing ability to absorb. Apart from getting the house damp, it can also be used to remove stains off clothes. When you see that the salt has become quite wet or its color has turned black, then it is time to change it.
5. Other tricks to avoid damping
In addition to the above measures, it is very important to prevent the damp from happening in your house. Just follow these simple steps:
- Keep the chimney on while cooking.
- Never run the heater above 20º as it seals walls and elsewhere.
- Put your clothes outside and dry them. Leaving them inside allows moisture to spread throughout the room.
- Do not keep many plants in one place. This can produce steam emanating from something that we call a mist.
Finally, you should maintain a sufficient amount of natural light and air in your home. There should also be windows and doors in your house that allow sunlight to enter. You should also change the place of your home furniture so that air can reach every corner of the house.
By following these tips, avoiding and getting rid of damp becomes child's play. After doing this, both your health and your pockets will have a good effect because you will not have to spend any time to get the paint done repeatedly.
- Choose the simplest Mattress to make sure Good Spine Health
- Top 5 furniture Units to offer Your Bedroom a Vintage Look
- Guide to Finding an honest Online Store for purchasing Furniture Online
- Are you ready to prepare the details of the Cabinet
- To Recover or to Not Recover - 4 Reasons Why it's Better to Reupholster Your Old Lounge Furniture
- few Steps to Prep Your Kitchen Cabinets to Receive a Professional Paint Finish
- How to choose or build the right mattress for a good night's sleep
- information about falls ceiling step by step in the home
- Diploma in Interior Design for beginners
- 5 ways to eliminate dampness from home
- Estimate in interior designing for beginner
- love your home a beginner's guide to interior design
- the wall color in interior
- according to the architectural color of your house
- How to choose a laminate for your furniture
- modular kitchen cost calculator estimate
- kitchen remodel cost estimator
- Wardrobe cost estimate in India
- Make a Miintainable DIY double glazed window
- How to plant a door leaf. How to Install Interior Door Frame.
- Wood windows: advantages and disadvantages
- 20 luxurious and perfect wardrobes for the bedroom
- 15 ways to make a wardrobe in India - my interior guide
- How to design furniture at home interior steps - my interior guide