Modular Kitchen Costs
Demand for modular kitchens is slowly increasing, especially in newly purchased homes, it provides easy accessibility, maximum storage in minimal space gives your kitchen a modern look and has many more benefits.
Modular Kitchen is available to homeowners of all standards from minimal to luxurious.
In the market, you will find vendors who sell modular kitchens for Rs 25,000 / - to Rs 7,50,000 / - and above.
So where is the difference?
If we talk about the cost of a modular kitchen, it depends on many aspects like,
Size of your kitchen platform
Plywood you choose (MDF, Commercial Ply, Marine Ply)
A brand of hardware (German / Indian)
Shutter and cabinet finish
Equipment required - hob / chimney
Full or semi-modular kitchen
Transportation location, etc.
All of the above matters to build a modular kitchen.
Before I proceed, I want to tell you in advance
How to get estimates from a vendor for modular kitchens.
- Search for the best modular kitchen in your city or vicinity (you can find it on Google)
- You will find a website, advertisement, and shop address for your search, contact them through phone number and try to tell them your requirements (such as kitchen size, your location, etc.)
- If you get a satisfactory answer from them, then book a meeting with their kitchen designer for your site.
- On the site visit, summarize your kitchen requirements, such as your taste, your way of using the kitchen, necessary changes, deadlines to complete the work, etc.
- After the site visit, ask them to share the design and estimate as per their requirements.
- Do this with a minimum of two and a maximum of four vendors. More than four will confuse you for making decisions.
- Once you get the estimate, go to their showroom to experience different finishes for kitchens and accessories.
- Finalize the design with them to see what it will look like.
- Ask them about the raw materials and finish materials they will use and the brand of hardware.
- Discuss practical design with your family members, especially with the lady of the house and finalize it.
- If the design has been finalized, get the final quote for the work now.
- Once you agree to the quote, clear their terms and payment status, installation date, warranty period, service period, etc.
- Now you have to decide on any one
Do not decide only on price.
Most homeowners decide to do a modular kitchen by comparing the price with only a few vendors, but not on the basis of the design, quality, service and materials they provide.
Design plays an important role in your kitchen, it is not only about the colors, but also about the work triangle of the kitchen which should be kept in mind while finalizing.
Let me briefly tell you about the kitchen work triangle,
Work triangle means the position of your stove, sink and fridge in the kitchen, which must be kept at a particular distance, not so far or so near. If you plan against the work triangle, you lose the efficiency and the appearance of your kitchen as a result.
Modular kitchen cost
The cost of a modular kitchen depends on the material finish you choose for your kitchen.
There are four finishes available that you can use for your kitchen,
Laminate, acrylic, P.U. and back-painted glass
1. laminate finish
Economical and for use in rough and tough material kitchens. You can use laminate in the outer and inner part of the kitchen shutter and also apply edge bending of the same color on the edge of the shutter. You can choose high gloss, matte, and super mate finish in laminate.
A wide range of laminates are available in the market, which you can choose for your kitchen and match it with the rest of your home.
The Merino brand is mostly used for laminate finish modular kitchens.
Cost of laminate shutter: Rs.700 / - to Rs. 900 / - per sq. Ft. (Marine Ply BWP 710 & 1mm thickness)
There are two ways to choose acrylic, one from a finished sheet and the other from a customized color.
In the finished acrylic sheet, you have to choose from the available catalog colors, ready to press on the plywood. You can not customize it.
In the second, you can choose the color of your choice for kitchen shutters and cabinets, you can choose from the Asian Paints color list.
In this process, the paint is sprayed onto a plain acrylic sheet on its back surface. The slight disadvantage of customized acrylic sheets is that you may find a color variation in some colors. Which you can only know after installation because acrylic shutters come with paper protection.
Acrylic Shutter Cost: Rs. 1000 / - to Rs.1300 / - per sq ft (Marine Ply BWP 710 & 2mm thickness)
3. PU Finish
This is done on plywood. Again a customized color solution for your kitchen.
If you want a smooth surface with laminate, then P.U is the best option for you. You can choose a plain or antique color on your kitchen shutter and the finish can only be done in a PU finish if you want to do molding or routing on the shutter.
Cost of PU shutter: Rs.900 / - to Rs.1400 / - per sq ft
4. Back Painted Glass
If you love glass then you will love to make your kitchen with back painted glass.
Back-painted glass means paint the backside of hardened glass in color and pasted on plywood. The thickness of the glass is kept from 3 mm to 4 mm. It does not break easily due to the plywood base, but you have to take care of the edges of the shutter corners.
A small disadvantage of back-painted glass is that once your glass breaks, it does not look good and you will need to change the shutter complete with the glass and you may get a slight change in the new color.
Cost of back-painted glass shutter: Rs.1400 to Rs.1400 / - per sq ft (Marine Ply BWP 710 & 4mm Glass)
Kitchen Baskets & Tandems:
There are two types of kitchen baskets that you can choose from in your modular kitchen.
1. SS-Basket (Stainless Steel)
Baskets are made using steel wires of various grades and finishes. Which is customizable, you can make according to the size, thickness and weight of your drawer.
SS baskets have many grades for inexpensive and good quality, but for kitchens, we recommend using 304 grade SS baskets that are free of rust.
SS baskets now come with a thinner design but due to thinner SS wires it is a bit difficult to clean and maintain.
Cost of SS baskets - Rs.550 / - to Rs.850 / - per kg.
2. Tandem Drawer
It is made using special German fittings such as Hettich and Hafele, which also comes with interior accessories.
The base of the drawer should be made of plywood or backlit material. It is an alternative to SS-baskets, but costlier than steel baskets.
It adds tandem, ease of maintenance, ease of cleaning, and it adds a modern look to your kitchen.
Cost of Tandem Drawer starts at Rs.2500 / - (per drawer)
last but not least
The handle is most important when you finalize your kitchen because your expensive drawers will be powered by the handle itself. Therefore it should be selected according to the design and operational view.
If you choose the wrong handle, it spoils the look of your kitchen and you will not be able to use it properly, as sometimes when you work in the kitchen, the handle hurts you if they are on the shutter. Or it has sharp edges.
Aluminum profile handles are the best choice for kitchen shutters, available in various customized sizes, and colors, such as G-section, J-section, etc.
Profile Handle Cost: Rs.100 to Rs. Up to 200 (running feet)
So, all the above things are considered at the time of modular kitchen cost calculation.
If you have any question, you can comment below, we will answer you.
- Choose the simplest Mattress to make sure Good Spine Health
- Top 5 furniture Units to offer Your Bedroom a Vintage Look
- Guide to Finding an honest Online Store for purchasing Furniture Online
- Are you ready to prepare the details of the Cabinet
- To Recover or to Not Recover - 4 Reasons Why it's Better to Reupholster Your Old Lounge Furniture
- few Steps to Prep Your Kitchen Cabinets to Receive a Professional Paint Finish
- How to choose or build the right mattress for a good night's sleep
- information about falls ceiling step by step in the home
- Diploma in Interior Design for beginners
- 5 ways to eliminate dampness from home
- Estimate in interior designing for beginner
- love your home a beginner's guide to interior design
- the wall color in interior
- according to the architectural color of your house
- How to choose a laminate for your furniture
- modular kitchen cost calculator estimate
- kitchen remodel cost estimator
- Wardrobe cost estimate in India
- Make a Miintainable DIY double glazed window
- How to plant a door leaf. How to Install Interior Door Frame.
- Wood windows: advantages and disadvantages
- 20 luxurious and perfect wardrobes for the bedroom
- 15 ways to make a wardrobe in India - my interior guide
- How to design furniture at home interior steps - my interior guide